Tag Archives: product samples
- Know your demographic – Young women will be more receptive to your advertising campaign if it is targeted specifically for their demographic. One way to do this is to research what college-age women like, making your promotional materials easily relatable. Make your product/service marketable to them by demonstrating that it is an essential component of every young woman’s life, and that without it something would be missing. Also, play on the college experience and use that in your marketing strategy.
- Be informative – Women want to know the facts. They want to know why they should buy your product/service instead of buying someone else’s. Young women tend to read online reviews and use the internet to find out more information about your company before making a purchase. When advertising to college-age women it is important to let them know what your product will do for them. Consider providing a sample of your product, allowing the product to speak for itself.
- Don’t be pushy – Women want to be in control of their lives and therefore like to make their own decisions. They don’t need someone to tell them what they want. When promoting a product don’t be overtly aggressive, instead be helpful and informative. Speak about the benefits of your product and allow them to reach a decision themselves. Heavy sale tactics could scare them away before they even know what you’re selling.
- Make sure your customers are happy: If women are happy with your product, they will tell their friends and family about it. Young women tend to be loyal customers and if they like your company they will tell their peers. This will lead to a viral word of mouth marketing strategy, which is one of the most effective marketing strategies for this demographic.
- Offer coupons or deals: Women, especially young college-age women, love to save money. According to Business News Daily, nine out of ten (91 percent) of women use coupons to get a better deal (including 51 percent who print coupons from the Internet), 29 percent use competitor coupons and 11 percent use coupons directly off their cell phones. Take advantage of the fact that women love a good deal and market accordingly.
- Contact NAM Youth Marketing – We are here to help you come up with innovative ways to market to young women. If you want to increase sales in this demographic, contact us today. We are here to make your promotional campaign a success.
College students find promotions that offer to give them something particularly appealing for a number of reasons.
Too often, marketing campaigns simply ask for something—your money, your time, or at least belief in their claims—without offering any immediate reciprocal return. This may be a grave error where youth advertising is concerned.
Given that over three-quarters of the parents polled in a recent survey think their kids are “a little” or “a lot” spoiled, and with children today expecting everything from designer clothes to high-tech gadgets, it follows that college students—among whom middle-class (or higher) backgrounds are overrepresented—are used to being given things. As such, students may be less likely to buy into traditional collegiate promotions than ones that engage them through a tangible offer.
Back-to-school advertising, during the early fall semester, can increase brand awareness and allow your company to form positive bonds with incoming students, as well as marketing to students looking for change and excitement.
Advertising to students at the beginning or near the start of the fall semester is imperative. This is a time when many students are making a lot of purchases, including clothing, technology, furniture, school supplies, household items, and media. The beginning of the fall semester represents a new year and is an exciting time for college students.