The best way to expose students to your energy drink and get them excited about your brand is to let them experience it. On campus sampling gives your brand that opportunity. For effective on campus sampling promotions, it’s important to pay attention to timing and approach.
Key Times for Energy Drink College Sampling Promotions
Timing is critical when distributing energy drinks to students. You want to make sure you’re providing samples to students when they need it most and will most appreciate the energy boost.
- Early Morning Rush: Consider handing energy drinks out as students leave their dorms in the early morning or passing out bottles at high-traffic bus stops as students arrive on campus. Mornings are always tough on students and they will appreciate the extra jolt of energy.
- Midterms, Finals, and Late Night Cram Sessions: Midterms and Finals week are stressful times on campus as students rush to get in papers and study for their exams. Energy drink companies can help students during this hectic period by passing out energy drinks in campus libraries, study areas, computer labs, and student lounges.
- As Students Enter the Gym: Athletes and fitness conscious students are always looking for ways to get the most out of their workout and gym session. A caffeine boost can help push them to their limits and provide them with extra motivation. Giving away free energy drinks at gyms is particularly beneficial for energy drink companies that specialize in healthy, all natural, organic, and/or low-calorie energy drinks.
- Large Events on Campus: If you’re a start-up energy drink company or are just trying to reach as many students as possible, in a short amount of time, consider promoting samples at large scale events, such as tailgating events, concerts, athletic events, homecoming, and other high-traffic venues.
College Brand Ambassador Strategies for Energy Drink Companies
One of the most common misconceptions about college marketing is that all brand ambassadors are the same. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Brand ambassadors can make or break your campaign. They are the people who interact with students and promote your company, so it’s important you select the right people for the job.
- Use Student Brand Ambassadors: No one knows the ins-and-outs of campus life better than a student. They are living the college experience and understand the way college students think. They’ll be able to provide you with insider knowledge and tips to help make your energy drink promotion a success.
- Hire Students Who Share Company Values: When hiring student brand ambassadors for your college sampling promotion, make sure to select students who believe in the same ideals as your company. For example, if you’re an energy drink company catering to gamers, make sure to hire a student involved in gaming clubs or e-sports groups. They will know where their fellow gamers hangout and when popular gaming events are happening on campus. They will also be able to relate to their peers in an organic, natural way, which is extremely important when marketing to college students.
Interested in launching an energy drink college sampling promotion? Contact us and we will design a campaign to match your needs and budget.